There’s nothing better than a glass of wine after work. One of our favourite wine bars to stop at for a tipple is KASK Wines. The Bedminster bar brings some of the best bottles to Bristol, serving organic, sustainable, minimal intervention and vegan wine. But when the weather is as glorious as it is at the moment, we’d rather be lying in the sun with some budget box wine from the supermarket.
Almost foreseeing this, KASK Wines reminds you of its motto this summer: “Say no to sh*t wine”. The wine bar asks you to swap that BBQ or picnic staple for its new Picnic Wine Kit this year. This new takeaway box of wine means you don’t have to miss out on quality wine, whether you are at the park, going for an outdoor swim or at a family gathering at your nan’s.
Containing five 100ml organic, vegan wines, these ‘Picnic Picks’ are the perfect companion for summer. It’s also a great way to get out of your comfort zone and discover new wines in a casual setting. To avoid the Picnic Wine Kit becoming samey, new additions of wines and beers will swap in and out across the summer. Keeping the vibes coming.
“The sun’s out, which for us means picnic wine – zesty whites, fruity rosés and light reds are ideal in this weather,” said Charlie Taylor, owner of KASK. “We’re serving a new menu of summer wine and spritzes in our KASK garden but wanted to create the opportunity to take KASK to the harbourside, parks and beaches, so have turned our At Home Tasting Kits into picnic boxes.”
What wines are included in KASK’s Picnic Wine Kit?
- Bianco Falerio ‘Oris’ 22, Ciu Ciu: “It’s fun, fresh and a little bit spicy. Watch out, ladies and gents, ‘cos the Ciu Ciu’s left the station!”
- Wightman + Sons A+B’s Blend ‘20, Morelig Vineyards: “It might be older than some of the other wines in the cellar, but it’s up there with the best. Smooth, rich… come and get it!”
- VE ‘21, Mas De Valeriole: “It’s young, French, fruity and all about the blush… just give it some thyme and you’ll soon see its wild side.”
- Padeiro Rose ‘21, Quinta De Gomariz: “Everyone loves a bit of tart, and that’s where this comes in. Just call it Harry Styles cos it’s full of Watermelon sugar… hi!”
- Bardolina ‘20, Le Vigne Di San Pietro: “If red is your thing and you’re looking for something chilled for summer, this is your perfect match. It’s a silky little number that’s easygoing. Smash!”